I have always been fascinated by American flags and the ways that they wave with pride. I took a few shots of an American flag that was not waving, but was still.
I like the shot above because of the sky as the background and the way that you can see the crinkles from its time waving. The left side appears to be lighter from the sun and the right side a little darker.
I then took a shot of what it looks like from looking up into the flag when it is still.
I like the way it loops and that by looking up into it you have no perception of how big the flag is, the height, length or depth.
It's hard to determine which is my favorite because they both have different features that make them great.
I would choose the second image for the reason that the angle makes the details of the object unknown and for one to imagine.
I absolutely love the one on the bottom, and is my pick of the two. I like the perspective of the flag, it really gives viewers a new way to look at the American flag as opposed to just how it usually is, like you have on the top. However, without both photos you couldn't see how great the qualities of each are, especially, well for me, the one on the bottom. Your blog is awesome.
ReplyDelete-Chelsea
I am in agreement with Chelsea's post. I prefer the one on the bottom. If I hadn't seen the one above it, it would have taken me a minute or two to puzzle out what I was looking at. Intriguing angle.
ReplyDeleteJessica,
ReplyDeleteI love your flags, I think the bottom one looks like a flower from that picture. I think it is wonderful. Nice blog set up too.
Tonya
I also like the bottom one its an interesting angle.
ReplyDelete